Chris Walton leads the personal training team at Embody Fitness. With over 15 years’ experience as a strength and conditioning coach Chris has trained high performance athletes, a Professional Championship rugby team and high profile celebrities throughout his career. Chris formerly ran the personal training business of an elite premium gym in London and is a published author and experienced speaker and trainer on all things to do with health and fitness. This experience makes him ideally placed to ensure that the very best training and nutritional advice is given to all Embody clients delivering incredible and sustainable results.
Why I love my job
Being part of a focused, professional and positive team is hugely enjoyable. I love the educational aspect of my job and knowing that anything I can teach will be translated into results for clients.
My greatest motivation
I’m motivated to help create a fitness brand that has a far reaching and long lasting influence upon our clients as well as the general public. There is much work to be done in the health and fitness sphere and I’m determined that Embody should lead the way.
Hobbies and interests
Sports, health and fitness have been a huge part of my life and I love competing and watching in all sports, particularly cycling. Outside of this I love to read and go to the cinema, although I only really get to see animations these days as my children aren’t keen on political thrillers.
Relevant experience/background qualifications
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science, The University of Birmingham
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Functional Movement Screen Certified
- Poliquin International Certifcation Programme – Level 1, 2 and Biosignature
- Throughout my 20 years I have sought out and interned with some of the worlds best strength and conditioning coaches and nutritional experts
- 15 Years experience as a Strength and Conditioning Coach working in professional sports at the highest level including London Welsh RFC, Joe Worsley (rugby), David Haye (boxing), Middlesex CCC (cricket), Ryder Cup Golfer, Oliver Wilson and Double Olympic Gold Medallist and Adventure racer, James Cracknell